Ryan Garcia and Gervonta Davis had to be restrained as a crowd of spectators shouted support for them outside the T-Mobile Arena before their superfight on Saturday.
After they both made weight, Davis pushed Garcia, who then shoved him back. A group of people helped separate them.
The fighters made weight at 135.1 and 135.5 pounds, respectively. It was the lowest weight for Garcia since January 2021.
During an interview, Garcia said that he believed that Hopkins and Davis started pushing each other. He noted that he was focused on facing Davis instead of the other fighter.
Although he was able to get breakfast, Garcia noted that he’s not done cutting weight yet. According to the contract, both fighters are required to follow a rehydration policy.
Although it’s not exactly common, same-day weigh-ins have been used in past fights. If either fighter exceeds the weight limit by more than 10 pounds, they could face significant fines.
In June 2021, Davis fought at 140 pounds and won a controversial 11-round decision over Mario Barrios. His heaviest weight was then recorded that year.
During an interview, Davis said that he was impressed by the atmosphere at the event and urged Hopkins to let the young fighters perform. He noted that he wanted to fight in front of the crowd and get the job done.
During his speech, Davis also urged the spectators to stay focused and avoid getting distracted. He said the fight against Hopkins would be an amazing event.
Gervonta Davis Record And Bio :
- Nationality: American
- Date of birth: November 7, 1994
- Height: 5′ 5.5″
- Reach: 67.5″
- Total fights: 28
- Record: 28-0 (26 KOs)
Ryan Garcia Record And Bio :
- Nationality: American
- Date of birth: August 8, 1998
- Height: 5′ 10″
- Reach: 70″
- Total fights: 23
- Record: 23-0 (19 KOs)
ervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia Fight Card :
- Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia; Catchweight (136lbs)
- David Morrell vs. Yamaguchi Falcao; Super middleweight
- Bektemir Melikuziev vs. Gabriel Rosado; Super middleweight
- Elijah Garcia vs. Kevin Salgado Zambrano; Middleweight
- Fiodor Czerkaszyn vs. Elias Espadas; Middleweight
- Vito Meilnicki Jr vs. Jose Sanchez Charles; Light middleweight
- Floyd Schofield vs. Jesus Valentin Leon; Lightweight
- Lorenzo Simpson vs. Pachino Hill; Middleweight
- Tristan Kalkreuth vs. Jaime Solorio; Light heavyweight
- Jalil Major Hackett vs. Jason Phillips; Light middleweight
- Cuttino Oliver vs. Roberto Cantu Pena; Bantamweight
Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis vs. Ryan Garcia prediction
This week, I have been thinking about this fight all week, and I do not feel good about my prediction. I think it will be close, and I believe that both Garcia and Davis will hurt each other, though I doubt that we will see a lot of knockouts. In the end, I believe that Davis is the better fighter, and I would go with him by a decision.