Date: Monday, November 6, 2023
Kickoff Time: 8 p.m. local (3 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT)
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London, England)
Official: Michael Oliver
Last meeting: Tottenham 2-0 Chelsea (Feb. 26, 2023 | Premier League)
The London derby between Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea will take place on Monday. Spurs can reclaim the top spot in the Premier League if they beat their London rivals.
Following the defeat of Arsenal to Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur became the league’s only unbeaten team. Three points against Chelsea would see them move two above Manchester City and overtake the Citizens. A draw would leave both teams on the same number of points, but Chelsea would be behind on goal difference.
Under the leadership of Mauricio Pochettino, Chelsea has struggled to compete in the Premier League. The team is currently 13th in the table, having lost to Brentford and then drawing with Arsenal before defeating Blackburn Rovers in the last 16 of the EFL Cup. Although the win over the Rovers gave them some much-needed relief, they’re still not at their best.
Prior to their loss to Spurs in February, Chelsea had not lost to their local rival in any competition since the start of their 2010/11 campaign. They had lost just six regulation games against Spurs in 34 encounters since then.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea Head-to-Head :
- The historical record between Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur is good, with the Blues winning 77 out of the 175 matches that they’ve played against the Spurs. Spurs won 56 of the 175 encounters.
- Prior to their match against Chelsea in February this year, Tottenham had lost their previous eight Premier League encounters with the Blues. They finally ended their losing streak with a 2-0 victory.
- Since they started playing against each other in the Premier League, Chelsea has won 14 of their 25 matches away from White Hart Lane. They are currently second only to Manchester United in this category.
- Through their first 10 Premier League matches, Tottenham Hotspur has managed to collect 26 points. This is their best start to a season since the 1960-61 campaign.
- In 2023, Chelsea suffered a total of 15 defeats in the Premier League. Only one defeat was fewer than the losses they suffered in 2022 and 2021.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea Prediction :
Under the guidance of Ange Postecoglou, Tottenham Hotspur have made significant progress. The likes of Son Heung-Min and James Maddison have been in great form, and they will look to continue their goalscoring ways in this match.
Although Chelsea have improved under the guidance of Mauricio Pochettino, they still have a lot of issues to address before this match. Spurs are in better form than their opponents at the moment.
Our Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Chelsea