Bayern Munich vs Manchester City
UEFA Champions League
Date: 19 April 2023, Wednesday
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Allianz Arena (Munich).
Another round of UEFA Champions League matches is set to take place this week, with Bayern Munich facing off against Manchester City at the Allianz Arena. It will be an important match for Pep Guardiola’s men.
Currently, Manchester City is in the second spot in the Premier League, and they have been in great form throughout the season. They defeated Leicester City by a score of 3-1 earlier this season.
Despite being at the top of the table in the German league, Bayern Munich has been inconsistent this season. Their last match was against Hoffenheim, and they were unable to secure a win, which is why they will need to play a better match against Manchester City.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester City Head-to-head
- Since the start of the UEFA Champions League, Bayern Munich have lost to Manchester City in each of their last two meetings. This is their worst start to a tournament since they lost their first five games in the competition.
- Since the start of the competition, Manchester City has faced at least five different teams in the Champions League. They have managed to beat Bayern Munich in at least half of their encounters.
- City have only lost one match to German opposition in the last 20 encounters in the competition. Their only defeat was to RB Leipzig in the 2021/22 season.
- In the first leg of their last-16 tie, Bayern Munich lost to Manchester City by a 3-0 score. Only three teams in the history of the competition have overturned a 3-0 deficit in a knockout match.
- Pep Guardiola has been able to win all three of his matches against teams managed by Thomas Tuchel after losing to them in the previous three encounters.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester City Prediction
Tuchel inherited a struggling Bayern Munich team that had lost its last four games in all competitions. The former Mainz coach struggled to get off to a good start, with two wins and two defeats in his first four games.
Manchester City is currently the most dangerous attacking team in the world, and Bayern Munich’s defense has been exposed. With that in mind, you can back Erling Haaland to score anytime against the defending champions. You can also get the best value on both teams’ goals with the +2.5 goals line and the 1.72 odds respectively.
Bayern Munich possible starting lineup:
Sommer; Pavard, Upamecano, De Ligt, Davies; Kimmich, Goretzka; Sane, Musiala, Coman; Choupo-Moting
Manchester City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Akanji, Dias, Ake; Stones, Rodri; Silva, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Grealish; Haaland