Event : UFC 267
Date: Oct. 30
Location: Eithad Arena — Abu Dhabi
Start time: 2 p.m. ET (Main card) | 10:30 a.m. (Prelims)
TV: ESPN+ (Free with your subscription to the service)
Jan Blachowicz will defend his light heavyweight title against Glover Teixeira at UFC 267, which takes place in Abu Dhabi.
Fans of mixed martial arts will be pleased to learn that UFC 267 will be the first non-pay-per-view numbered event in the United States since UFC 138 in 2011.
Blachowicz returns to the ring for the first time since defeating Israel Adesanya by unanimous decision in March.
Blachowicz will have the opportunity to create up a legacy in the 205-pound class now that Jon Jones has officially moved up to heavyweight.
UFC 267 fight card
- Jan Błachowicz (c) vs. Glover Teixeira for Blachowicz’s UFC Light Heavyweight championship
- Petr Yan vs. Cory Sandhagen for the interim UFC Bantamweight championship
- Islam Makhachev vs. Dan Hooker; Lightweights
- Alexander Volkov vs. Marcin Tyburak; Heavyweights
- Li Jingliang vs. Khamzat Chimaevy; Welterweights
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Volkan Oezdemir; Light Heavyweights
- Amanda Ribas vs. Virna Jandiroba; Women’s Strawweights
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Zubaira Tukhugov; Featherweights
- Albert Duraev vs. Roman Kopylov; Middleweights
- Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Shamil Gamzatov; Light Heavyweights
- Makwan Amirkhani vs Lerone Murphy; Featherweights
- Hu Yaozong vs. Andre Petroski; Middleweights
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Magomed Mustafaev; Lightweights
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Allan Nascimento; Flyweights
UFC 267 fight Prediction :
One of Gombas’ UFC 267 predictions is as follows: In a duel of light heavyweight contenders, he is picking Magomed Ankalaev (-300) to beat Volkan Oezdemir (+250).
Ankalaev (15-1) is a heavy-handed brawler who has won six straight fights since losing his UFC debut by last-second submission. Four of those victories have occurred within the distance, however his most recent performance was a unanimous decision in February against fellow prospect Nikita Krylov.
Oezdemir (17-6) is a former championship challenger who lost in January 2018 to former champion Daniel Cormier. Since then, he’s fought four times and is trying to avenge a stoppage defeat to Jiri Prochazka in July of last year.
“I feel Ankalaev will find a finish and put himself in contention for a title shot,” Gombas said to SportsLine.